Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughts on last night's post

I felt better after sitting on the couch with my legs propped up last night for about an hour. My shin splint went away (it took nearly the entire time) and I was able to walk with out limping. YEA!!

My head hit the pillow and I was out cold. I slept really really well! (It's my main reason for exercising. If I can wear myself out, I sleep a lot better than if I don't.)

I was thinking about my attempt to run last night. The calf cramps caught me off guard, that's never happened before, but I'm beginning to think that is more related to not having drank (drunk?) enough water. Enough of anything for that matter.

I'm debating whether to take the day off today and let everything heal up at the risk of interrupting the momentum I have going now or push on, work-out tonight and keep the momentum going. I still haven't completely decided what to do. I did pack work-out clothes for Curves for after work.

I also don't want to hurt anything so that I can't crank out the 10k in 90 minutes on Saturday. The 10k is all the exercise I will get that day. If its anything like last year, when I finally get home I'm going to pass out for several hours.

HELP! (I feel like I don't know what I'm doing here!)

I do feel better once I get moving. Initally my calf muscles still hurt, but that's only the first few steps, then I'm okay. They warm back up and life is good again. I may have to steal my Italian's pedals and stick them under my desk here at work to keep my muscles loose.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your 10k. You'll kick some serious butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Not as excited right now, more nervous, but anticipatory.

    ReplyDelete