Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Frickin' Frack Toopid Fat!

Well today was weigh in day . . .

*sigh*

I gained. Not much, but I gained. 0.4 pounds. Ergh!!!

And I walked frickin' 6.2 miles on Saturday! What the heck!! But then again . . . I did go to Cracker Barrell for a late lunch too after the race. I also didn't get any exercise Thursday, Sunday or Monday.

And my diet wasn't as strict as it has been. I veared off quite a bit. I need to get back on the straight and narrow with food. I know I need to develop a healthy relationship with food, but at the same time, if I even THINK about looking at something, I tend to gain weight. (It's also that TOM, maybe that's part of the problem . .  . or the soda I had this afternoon?)

Eh! Grocery shopping  (finally) tomorrow where I'll pick up all sorts of yummy fruits and veggies and start over again. Salads, legume based dishes, and fresh fruits and veggies will be my diet. With lots and lots of water. Which reminds me, I need to get a new bottle. I dropped my water bottle last Wednesday in the parking lot and it cracked! I'm quite upset about that. It was my favorite water bottle too! I think I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond. I'll have to see if they have more.

OH! We got Netflix! YIPEE!! I've spent the evening watching The Tudors. I haven't gotten to watch the show since the first season before my roommate moved to the apartment below. So now I'm thrilled to go back and watch through to the fourth season. Albeit, I've only gotten through the first two episodes of the first season . . . this is going to take a while. I'm so excited though!

I've been thinking about tracking the way I eat differently. Well I need to track period. Obviously, I'm not so hot at doing that. Primary reason? I'm lazy. Plain and simple.

Come to think of it . . . that was the reasoning from my last post. Let me just put it out there then. I'm a fat, lazy chick who desperately wants to lose weight, but doesn't want to do the work to get there. Nope. I want to sit on my butt, write in this blog and watch Tudors all day. All while magically the weight just floats away to where ever the fat goes. (How's the for brutal honesty?)


At the same time, I love exercising. I've actually really started to enjoy it. After WW today, I went to Curves, planning on working out really hard to get out my frustration over the 0.4 pound gain. Halfway through the first circuit, my old friend shin splint shows back up . . . IN MY LEFT SHIN! WTF! Apparently he (yes, it's male! Sorry beej!) decided to bring a friend along and had him set up shop in my right shin. I finished the first circuit and called it quits.

I go see Dr. C tomorrow and am going to address this with him, because frankly this is ridiculous! I've never had shin splints until recently. Even when I was younger and played soccer . . . never had shin spints. EVER NEVER EVER! My Italian mentioned signing me back up for the pool if Dr. C recommends something like swimming. I'll still get my cardio in and maybe it'll help stretch out my shins, swimming laps in the warm water.

I guess I'd do that 3 days a week and Curves 3 days a week. Saturdays would have to be a double whammy because neither place is open on Sundays. Curves at 9. Then race home, pick up my Italian and we'd go work out at the pool. Works for me!

We'll see what Dr. C says tomorrow though. I wonder if my weight has anything to do with my shin splints? But there are heavier people than me running!

(Ewww . . . cat farted again!! WOW! My cats have the stinkiest farts!) 

 Okay, it's late, I'm going to sleep. Nightie Night!!

5 comments:

  1. Don't stress about the gain too much: it could very well be TOM.

    Are you more likely to keep up tracking your food manually (pen & paper) or electronically? I keep a notebook with me because the visual reminder seems to work better at reminding me, but there are lots of great tracking websites out there!

    Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I miss Curves! Used to have one 2 blocks from my house and it was SO easy to walk down, bust my butt for half an hour, and walk home. Now it's a frickin' dentist office. The FIFTH dentist in a 4 block radius. Really? Was it THAT necessary to add another one RIGHT THERE? Grrrr. So now I have a basement full of equipments and gadgets and a growing pile of dvds. And I sit on MY fat butt all day. Yep. I blame the dentist. Has nothing at all to do with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - LOL!!! That's just wrong. Dentists do seem to be insects. One shows up and tons of others seem to swarm the same area! Ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chibi.

    I've been using the WW tracker online to track. I've tried tracking both ways, paper and electronically. I'm thinking about looking into tracking calories instead of points. Or do both . . . I don't know. I'm still mulling it over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No offense at all, Em! I tend to think of most bad things as guys, too! (but ships/boats are always women, right?)

    It certainly could be a result of your TOM, and stress, and maybe a little of sitting on your butt! :)

    And I've just got to say....how great is Netflix?! We love it.

    Hope your doc talk goes well...

    ReplyDelete