Saturday, March 13, 2010

Crabby

Ugh . . . Yea, I'm afraid this isn't going to be the most positive post in the world. I just got up an hour ago and I woke up exhausted!

Michelle and I went on our run last night. Well, I attempted to run. We did a 1 minute run and 2 minute walk. I did okay for the first 2 or 3 one minute runs, but after that it was pure hell. I have got a long way to go before I get to running a 5k. I think running on a treadmill is infinitely easier than running on the road as well. Though running on the road is far more interesting. 

I've determined I need new shoes, especially if I'm going to run. The shoes I have now are fine for working out at Curves or with the Evil Lady (Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred). But if I'm going to get serious about running, I need a new pair of shoes. Something I know my Italian doesn't want to hear. But my right lower calf cramped up really bad about halfway through the run/walk. 

I've been having issues with that foot anyway. It's been bothering me and sometimes spreads to my ankle. But it hasn't been bothering me recently, so it surprised me when I put my shoes on last night that the pain made itself known. 

As eye opening (and exhausting) as last night was, it was really frustrating too. I know I'm still far from in shape, but I thought I was further along than I was. 

*sigh* One day. I'll get there one day. 

Food wise yesterday was okay at best. I made myself oatmeal in a jar. It was:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 Grannny smith apple.

It was pretty good. It needed something else though. Jelly? I don't know. I poured hot water over all of that and let it sit while I hiked up the hill to the GAB (General Assembly Building) to deliver news clips to BBM. I'm going to continue playing with it and see  if I can't figure out what it needs. 

I did eat a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints which pretty much knocked out most of my points for the day. *sigh* Well, all the open boxes of Girl Scout cookies are gone now!

Lunch was an envelope of tuna on a bowl of baby spinach with a tomato, cheese, and shredded carrots. It was topped with Newman's Own Low Fat Ginger Sesame Dressing. YUM! I love that dressing. It's reallly good. OH! I also cut up 1/4 of the Granny Smith Apple in there. Perfection! 

I got busy with work and didn't eat anything until I was getting lost on my way to Michelle's house. I ate the other half of the Granny Smith apple. ICK! I like them in stuff or with peanut butter, but by themselves they're WAY too sour. I don't know how my husband eats them like that. BLECH!

After my attempt at running Michelle introduced me to Almond Nut Crackers. WOW! Those are yummy. I ate those getting lost on the way home. It was enough to tide me over until I got home for dinner.

I didn't get home until 9 pm last night. I fed my Italian left over baked spaghetti and I, honestly, was hungry, but didn't feel like eating anything. So I just went to bed after my shower. I was totally exhausted then and I've woken up totally exhausted. 

I probably need to eat something . . . but I'm not hungry/don't feel like eating! I want an orange really. And we're out of oranges. I think I could live off of those things. 

Well I'm off to get changed and head to Curves. Yes, I'm going to eat something. No, I don't know what it is. It's not going to be fast food. I'll tell you that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment