Monday, April 19, 2010

Lost Focus

I realized yesterday, while I was sitting outside under the pergola with my husband, that I'd lost focus to why I  really started my weight loss journey.

I now remember.

One of the reasons was that I was tired of being "fat", but I didn't really think of myself as fat at that point. I also didn't know how much I weighed. I knew I was overweight, I didn't know I'd hit the obese category. Apparently I had, and I'm still in it. It would be more correct to say that I was tired of being overweight.

That wasn't the true reason . . . Well it was one of reasons, but not the driving one.

My driving reason . . . I didn't want to be overweight when I got pregnant. I wanted to be "skinny" when I got pregnant. No . . . I'm not pregnant. But my 30th birthday is closing in on me in a matter of months and its gotten me thinking.

I'd like to start moving in that direction, but I don't want to be obese, I don't want to be overweight. I want to be fit, I want to be a correct weight and I want to be healthy when I do get pregnant.

That's why I joined Weight Watchers initially. But I got wrapped up in the points, in watching the number go down then begin to yo-yo and felt my frustration build.

I lost sight of what my ultimate goal was. To be fit and healthy so that when we do start having kids . . . my body will be ready for it.

That is one of the major reasons I'm on this journey. To prepare my body to have little Em's and little Italians. I am already going to be an older mom, I don't want to be a fat older mom who can't keep up with her kids.

Now that I remember, I'm planning on posting it everywhere around the house and on my WW and Curves stuff. A reminder as to why I am on this journey in the first place.

It is about me, but it's also about more than me. It's about my future!

Why did you begin? Have you lost focus or the reason why you started in the first place?

2 comments:

  1. That's a great reason for losing weight. Anna and I will be having kids in the next few years, and she just turned 30. I turn 30 in June--when's your B-Day?

    And yeah, I'll definitely be watching your progress and reminding you of your future bambinos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks beej! Welcome back BTW!!

    My birthday is in September, so its a ways off, but my cousin's (who's exactly 4 months older than me . . . to the day) is right around the corner. I use his as a warning bell for mine.

    ReplyDelete