Monday, April 5, 2010

Family and more family

How was everyone's Easter?

Mine was amazing. Well . . . once we (I) got to church. The waaay . . . morning earlier was brutal. My poor Italian wasn't feeling well so we were up at 2:30 and again at 6:30. He stayed up after 6:30 and we got him dressed and he went to Sunday School. I stayed home and slept until it was time to head over to church. 

My sister-in-law, her husband and their 5 kids were at church too. They're down from NY for spring break. After church my sister-in-law took our van and my Italian (her brother) to their folks house and I gathered up the sheets and towels and started a load of laundry. I was supposed to make a jello salad, but I didn't realize it was going to take me 3 hours to make it, so I gathered everything up and took it up to my folks. (We usually do separate Easters.)

I love going home. It's not the house I grew up in, I only lived there for 2 or 3 years before I moved out and moved to Richmond. But Mom and Dad make it home. My Army brother's girlfriend came for Easter dinner. That was a lot of fun, especially since he's in California right now learning Farsii. My cousin was also there and then my mom's parents and my aunt and her husband arrived shortly there after. 

Dinner was fabulous! Ham, fresh cole slaw (w/o a mayo base), rolls, potato salad, olives, pickles, pickled eggs, red and white wine and dessert was a strawberry shortcake and key lime pie. Both homemade. The strawberry shortcake was incredible! I was only able to eat half of it. (I know, I know . . . what about my no sugar thing? I sorta ignored that yesterday . . . and today. But today was my youngest neice's birthday!) I did pretty well with dinner too. Each food item had space around it. As my leader at WW says, it was it's own island. And I only had 1 plate. I was quite comfortable after dinner. Didn't feel stuffed or overfull. Simply content. 

Between dinner and dessert we went to go look at the land my parent's bought and will be building a house on this summer. It is gorgeous! My cousin left from the land and everyone else except my brother's girlfriend and I left after dessert. 

The four of us sat around talking, discussing my lil Army brother and his gf's wedding plans. He'll still be in language school, but they're planning on getting married and she'll move out there. I'm so excited for them. 

Originally I was leaving the same time she was, but I started talking to my parents outside and was able to spend time having them all to myself. It was wonderful! I was able to express my concerns with my Italian's health and they offered a lot of really good advice. Some of which is a future blog post. I'm still thinking it through fully. 

I got home from my folk's house about 10:30. So much for going to bed early! Oops . . . I think we got to bed about 11:30 last night.

After work today, we were back at my in-laws to celebrate our youngest neice's birthday. I came straight from work. It was fun. She is so cute! 

But under no uncertain terms do I want children right now. My biological clock has not only stopped ticking . . . it's been smashed to smithereens and the smithereens have been burnt to ash! I think that's what happens when you have 7 neices and nephews running around like crazy people though!

OY!

How was your Easter?

No, no exercise has happened in the past 2 days . . . Tomorrow . . . I promise. I have WW, Curves and I'm going to do 30 Day Shred. Maybe try to run, it depends on what time my Italian gets home from his folks house. (When his sister is in town the family gathers at my in-laws everyday for dinner. I learned pretty quickly that I can't do that . . . I need my down time, and time away from them. I can't do everyday. I love all of them very much . . . just it's sensory overload!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment