Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I miss my ME time.

I. AM. WORN. OUT.
Plain and simple. I don't know how Moms do it. I really don't. I essentially have a full grown child at home right now. (Not that my Italian is a child, he's not.) I have to help him get dressed/undressed, get his breakfast, prep his lunch, and make dinner. Then clean it all up. I'm also trying to keep the house in better shape these days. And that's doing better.

But when you have a weekend like we had this past one where you were on the run the entire time . . . you need a day off! Or maybe it's just me. I desperately need a vacation. One where I don't have my Italian to take care of or worry about. Where I can just go and relax!

I think I'm going to look into trying to find a little cabin in the mountains for a weekend to go to. Just me, myself and I. I think it would be good. I can go hiking (I miss hiking) and just be outdoors. There is something calming and soothing about being up in the mountains. (I don't think it has anything to do with the fact I was born in the mountains though.) A nice long 3 day weekend of getting up and having coffee (with cream and sugar damn it!) on the porch. Being outside and really getting truly hungry . . . the only type of hungry that happens when you're out camping or spending significant time in the outdoors. (I miss that type of hungry)

Last week Mom and I talked about doing that together. Maybe we can nail down a weekend coming up soon. I just need a break.

More than that? I need my Italian to be functional and mobile again so he can dress himself and take care of himself again. I want some of my ME time back! Even if it's just my mornings . . . I don't care . . . I want ME time again. (When I'm unconscious DOESN'T COUNT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment