Friday, May 21, 2010

Finally . . . It's Friday!

It's been a week! Oy! Thank you guys for putting up with me this week. I've just had to come to terms with the fact that my Italian has a stress fracture in his foot and is going to be laid up longer.

I'm okay with that. I have to be. But I've come to terms with it. My poor Mom. I think I called her every day this week complaining about my Italian or something else. But she is REALLY good at helping me put things into perspective and smacking some sense into or talking me down off whatever tree branch I've climbed up onto. (I'm scared of heights so I don't do ledges.)

Another friend of mine called and offered to rescue me and head off on a road trip. She's also been there for me to touch base with and vent.

I honestly don't know what I would have done with out my friends, family and church family around. We go to a very unique church that really supports us both. (It helps that half of his extended family goes there too!) But it's really neat to walk in and people ask how my Italian is doing and really be asking and REALLY be wanting to know. Then when you ask them to pray for the both of you for endurance through the last push of this you know they will be and you can almost feel their prayers pushing you along. It's really a very cool feeling.

In short . . . you guys and my "in real life" support system ROCK! (Not that you guys aren't in real life . . . but you know what I mean!)

I'm learning . . . slowly how to balance taking care of my Italian, my responsibilities around the house, and myself. Of course if every night was like last night where he went to bed at 9, it'd be easy. But it's not. Normally we go to bed at the same time. Admittedly, I was tired when I put him to bed, but I stayed up and cleaned up the kitchen (he finished loading and ran the dishwasher while I was at work yesterday! :o) He's so wonderful!), unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and scooped the cat box then revacuumed the parts of the office he'd vacuumed (after I'd told him not too! *sigh* He drives me nuts but I love him!). They had cat litter trails because the tray wasn't in all the way.

No wonder the guy was worn out! He's sick as a dog and he'd doing chores! (Men! I swear!) Hopefully I'll get home at the correct time tonight and be able to get him into bed earlier so he can get more sleep tonight. He's going to sleep in while I run to the farmer's market and to Curves tomorrow, then we'll get him up and get him a shower. He'll probably feel better after that too.

Wow . . . okay, the last paragraph . . . that's called Em blogging on autopilot. It enters the brain and comes out through the fingers. But it makes for interesting blogging . . . No? Probably a little bit too much info . . . eh . . . I don't know.

Just like my "this is probably a dangerous situation" sensor malfunctions often, my TMI sensor has been malfunctioning recently. (Ha ha ha! Don't you feel lucky!)

Okay, now I've got 2.5 hours until I get off work. I need to get the newspapers done so I can go home and put my poor sick, starving (I forgot to make his lunch this morning, the poor man ate chex mix and an apple for lunch) Italian to bed and feed him dinner . . . maybe not in that order.

I'm gonna go ride after he's fed and put to bed. But I do need to go get a tube for my front tire. I'll have to get them to show me how to change a bike tire. Or maybe I . . . no. I'll have them show me. FUN TIMES! :-)


So what adventures do you have planned this weekend?


Do you ever autoblog?

No comments:

Post a Comment