Saturday, September 11, 2010

TOM, TMI, & Baby-sitting

Disclaimer: If you're eating and have a sensitive stomach or are easily grossed out, finish eating, digest and come back and read this later. 

Sometimes being female sucks!
I'm sitting on the couch with my netbook on my lap hoping the heat it generates will relax my cramps away so I can get up and childproof our apartment before 5 kids (and a Mother's Helper) come over to play for the afternoon/early evening!

A dear friend of mine has 6 (so far) kids and is going to a wedding down here in Richmond. She's taking the baby (dang it!) with her, so we get to play with the older ones. Thankfully it's a nice day out. The plan is to take them to a park that's near by and wear them out on the playground there. Then we'll go play in the pool here at the apartment complex (hopefully it won't be too cold).

Papa Italian picked up my Italian to take him to the pool so I could be home when they got here. Sometime between 12 and 1 today. Mama or Papa Italian is going to pick him up, probably get him lunch then bring him home to the chaos that awaits him.

Bwwwwaaaaaahhhh aaaaahh!

I'm just hoping these cramps go away before they get here. I think my body is trying to push my ovaries out of my ass! Seriously! I know that was TMI . . . sorry.

I was sitting on the pot this morning and thinking (because, yes, I do quite a bit of thinking on the pot, provided I can keep the monsters out of the bathroom). Maybe TOM is not only the shedding of the uterine wall (hey, I warned you it was going to be TMI!!) but for my body it's also a way to detox its system too.
What brought this thought on?
I poop . . . A LOT during that TOM. Sort of like my body trying to get rid of all the waste that is in my system. So maybe I need to let my body do that, and assist it along. Stay hydrated, eat foods that I know make me happy (chocolate and coke (aka soda) are massive no-no's today if I want to stay vertical and not end up in bed in the fetal position wanting to either die or throw up) and maybe yoga it out some.

No comments:

Post a Comment