Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Plan (Part 1)

I've talked about my exercise routine and mentioned the need to formalize both that and my eating habits. I have to confess . . . I did the easy one first.
I'm having a real hard time mapping out what food looks like. I guess I could/should plan breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the next week. That would help with grocery shopping.

But for now I have my plan as far as exercise goes. I've broken it up by day and pretty much all my exercise, except Saturday, happens in the evening.

Monday - 10 squats/10 push-ups/20 sit-ups (3 sets w/o stopping) (Thanks glycotrainer!!)
Tuesday - Curves (30 min), C25k, 30 Day Shred
Wednesday - 30 Day Shred, Bike ride 60 min (moderate to hard pace)
Thursday - Curves (30 min), C25k, 30 Day Shred
Friday - 30 Day Shred, Bike ride 60 min (moderate to hard pace)
Saturday - Curves (30 min), Sheltering Arms pool laps (45 min), C25k, 30 Day Shred
Sunday - 30 Day Shred, Bike ride 60 min (moderate to hard pace)

I just found out that there is a Curves that is 10 minutes from where I work. So theoretically, I could go there on Tuesdays and Thursdays on my lunch break and work out and leave the C25k and 30 Day Shred for after work. The only problem is that I get really sweaty and stinky and having to change back into work clothes (even with taking a sink shower) totally grosses me out.

I don't know. I'm pretty sure I can keep this up though. I've got it written on a piece of paper and it's going on the mirror in our bathroom. (I know my Italian will LOVE that!)

Food wise . . . I'm still figuring that out. Primarily plant based. Chicken and fish aren't cut out of the equation. Though when I was talking to my doctor last week, he said cutting out red meat was a good thing. So sugar, soy, and red meat are being phased out. I'm feeling ambivalent to pork since I don't eat it all that often anyway.

I have to balance that with the nutritional needs of my Italian who needs heavier foods. He's got the metabolism of a speeding bullet. Once he starts back to the pool and his work-out routines, the itty bit of weight that he's gained will melt away instantly. I don't want to make 2 meals all the time. But I'd rather stay away from the processed foods that he eats. (Hamburger helper, Chef Boyardee . . . ick!)

 I'm starting to get tired of eating raw veggies all the time. This afternoon I made up a burrito that consisted of hummus and tuna mixed together. It was topped with a yellow bell pepper (raw), lettuce and black beans. Wow!! It was incredible! And pretty too! I think I may make another one for dinner tonight, with a salad. It's filling, but I was hungry very shortly afterwards (that may have been boredom though?? Harummm . . . But the almonds were good!)

Like a good little bloggett, I even took a picture before I rolled it up and ate it! (And managed to NOT get it on my clean white shirt!)

Doesn't that look YUM??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment